Munchies. Stoner food. Pizza… Cannabis and food are linked for many people. But what if you want to use cannabis and watch your waist line at the same time? Sometimes it’s nice to surround yourself with snacks and give in, but having options is also great. To eat or not to eat is now up to you.
If you don’t want to eat, it’s time to mix up your strain of choice and choose one with some CBD. THC and CBD are the two main chemicals in cannabis but only THC is psychoactive and an appetite stimulant. By using a strain that has THC and CBD you get a little of both worlds.
CBD moderates the affect of THC and evens out some of the potentially less desired THC outcomes like hunger. The following strains bring CBD into the mix and lead to less munchies.
- ACDC: Relax to the sweet smell of lemongrass.
- Cannatonic: Your focus won’t be on hunger pains.
- Dancehall: Social bonding and creativity on or off the dance floor.
- Durban Poison: Like Jack Herer this rocks the THCV with an upbeat high that poisons hunger.
- Harle-Tsu: Pain and inflammation relief without the intoxication.
- Jack Herer: Not a CBD strain but has the virtue of THCV which doesn’t cue up hunger as much.
- Remedy: Time for a dose of tranquility without the snack breaks.